2019 Homestead Heritage Exhibit Hall Scholarship Program
Scholarship Applicants criteria:
1. The applicant must be a 2018-2019 school year graduating Senior from Boerne High School, Champion High School, Comfort High School, any private or home school program from Kendall County.
2. Any 2019 graduating Senior from the list in #1 above pursuing a career in Agriculture/Ag Business, Horticultural, Floriculture, Art, Photography, Taxidermy, any field of home related arts to include or not limited to Handicrafts and Life Skill
3. The applicant must be a citizen of the U.S. a resident of Kendall County and never been convicted of a criminal offense.
4. The applicant will be given preference and extra points if applicant has:
a. Volunteered Community Service in the Homestead Heritage Exhibit Hall during the year and/or during the Annual Kendall County Fair or prior to the Annual Kendall County Fair in preparation of the Homestead Heritage Exhibit Hall.
b. Past Year's Exhibitor Participation in The Homestead Heritage Exhibit Hall during the Annual Kendall County Fair.
c. Is a Junior Member of the Kendall County Fair Association, Inc.
d. Is a current active member of local FFA or 4-H Chapters.
e. Applicant will be continuing his/her education of study in any field of agriculture, horticultural, floriculture, photography/art, taxidermy and/or any field of life skills of home arts related to crafting and baking/cooking.
5. Scholarship amount awarded will be evaluated on the basis of his/her application qualifying criteria.
6. Applicant application will be reviewed and judged by a scholarship committee of the KCFA. Selection of the recipient(s) will not be based on sex, race, religion, financial need and/or class rank or scholastic major.
Scholarship applicants must provide the following documentations:
1. An official, sealed high school transcript posted through the most recent grading period.
2. A letter of recommendation from one school official from instructor or academic advisor from a school attended in the previous 12 months
3. A letter or recommendation from a personal or community reference. Recommendation letters should not be written by a relative, which is defined as a parent, grandparent or sibling.
4. A self-description, in narrative form, to include hobbies, employment, scholastic and organizational activities, awards, major educational interest to include any volunteer time and exhibitor participation in the Homestead Heritage Exhibit Hall during the Annual Kendall County Fair.
5. A 300 word handwritten essay on "What The Annual Kendall County Fair Means To Me And The
6. Application and requested documentations must be submitted and postmarked on or
before April 15,2019 to:
Kendall County Fair Association, Inc.
Attn: Homestead Heritage Exhibit Hall Scholarship Program
P.O. Box 954
Boerne, Texas 78006