- Contest is open to all residents of Kendall County, except for professional bakers.
- Pie(s) must be home made from scratch to include filling and crust.
- Pie(s) must be freshly baked in a 9 inch disposable baking tin.
- Pie(s) must be 60% apples. However the filling may include other fruits or ingredients. No store bought canned pie filling, store bought pie shells or rolled crusts allowed.
- Pie(s) must be two crusted and/or crumbed crusted topping.
- Pie(s) recipe(s) must be typed or legibly hand written or printed on a 5"x8" index card. All ingredients must be listed and entrants name must not be listed.
- Pie(s) and recipe(s) must be checked in on Sunday, September 6th, 2015 from 9am till 11am.
- A Non-refundable entry fee of $10 and entry form must accompany the entry. If entering online, please bring a copy of your receipt with your pie instead of the above.
Pie(s) will be judged before initial slicing on overall appearance for 15 points and 10 points for creativity. After slicing, pie(s) will be judges on crust for 20 points, 25 points for filling and 30 points for flavor.
Judging begins at 2pm and is open to the public. The Kendall County Fair Association will select the panel of judges. Judges will use a scoring scale point system of 1 to 5 (with 5 being the highest point) to assess entries with a perfect score of 100. Scoring will be the sole responsibility of the judges and the judges results will be final. Judges sheets will be available to entrants upon request after contest.